Role: - UX Designer
Location: - North Shore/N-Beaches
Length of assignment: - Permanent
If you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and flourish with variety, we have an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team focused on growth. Customer focused and Creating Value at Speed are the 2 values that will govern your approach. Your passion lies in finding ways to ensure the user experience can be shaped to provide stronger value to solve core customer problems, at scale, across our product suite.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mapping out initial design concepts from wireframe, test and iterate designs based on feedback to working prototypes.
- Leveraging a combination of design thinking, lean start up and agile methodologies you will be experienced in managing design processes end to end and comfortable working autonomously.
- Providing expertise and contribution to user requirements, concepts, screen designs and user flows to ensure the user is at the centre of our products.
- Driving customer and business outcomes through user / customer centric design to deliver optimised designs that balance customer needs, business goals and implementation realities.
- Collaborating closely with the business stakeholders to understand our customers needs and ensure we are solving the right problems.
- Illustrating and communicating design solutions across complex use cases by creating and documenting user journeys, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Focus in on what's essential to meet user needs and deliver business value
- Rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes to test out ideas with customers and stakeholders - you know when to make low-fi sketches and when pixel perfection is required.
- Advising cross product teams on UI implementation best practices
Skill & Experience:-
- 3+ years' experience as a UX designer
- Solid grasp of design processes and principles.
- Effective verbal and written communication, whether it's aligning with your team or managing the expectations of stakeholders.
- Ability to independently research, ask the right questions to get to the crux of an issue for a deep understanding of the needs, wants, and pain points of other people.
- Ability to break a complex problem into smaller chunks and make good trade-offs based on the relative value and effort involved in a solution.
- Ability to apply visual communication principles to designs.
- Proficiency with design tools (Figma is the main design tool but experience with Sketch or a related app is also valued).
- Strong knowledge of responsive web and predominant design patterns, awareness of emerging mobile experience trends, with keen eye for detail and usability/accessibility standards.
- Ability to initially map out user experiences/features (wire flows) with general information, then progress to full fidelity UI prototypes for product and development teams.
- Strong knowledge of online form design and usability, including best practice UI approaches for web and App. (Ability to distil complex information and contextualising it for users)
- Understanding of lean research testing methods.
- Understand the thinking, principles and benefits of Component Design systems (multi-brand/themed libraries).
- Can clearly show an applied understanding of UX methodologies including (but not limited to) HCD, User research, Interaction & Interface Design,
- excellent understanding of the end-to-end design and user-experience process with a broad spectrum of hands-on skills including user interviews, storyboarding, user-journey maps, facilitating workshops, sketching, wire-framing, prototyping and usability testing
If this sounds like a role you would love to be involved with or you know a great suitable candidate, please get them to send an up to date CV