Seeking someone eager to kickstart their career in insurance
- Up to $75,000 + Super
- WFH and flexibility on offer
- Join a global insurance leader & highly reputable team
About the company:
Our client is a market leader in Melbourne with a global reputation. Employing only the best in the industry, join a team that celebrates and rewards their staff, offers the best possible training, internal progression and development opportunities. They have strong client base including many of Australia's largest companies, and has a wealth of local expertise. Our client is seeking a Marine Underwriter to join their highly successful team.
Based in Melbourne's CBD, your daily duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Provide high quality service to brokers including turnaround times, call back rate etc.
- Establish relationships with key brokers including identifying new opportunities.
- Underwrite referrals within authority statement in accordance with the guidelines for new business, renewals and endorsements.
- Make recommendations for acceptance or declination of risks including those that exceed authority.
- Achieve individual financial targets.
- Work with colleagues at all organisational levels to promote effective and constructive teamwork.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Property insurance knowledge is desired, however, not essential
- Will look at a highly skilled Assistant Underwriter or administrator ready to step up
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A high level of organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Must be resilient, motivated and energetic
- Flexibility and WFH options
- An attractive and competitive salary on offer
- An amazing opportunity to break into Marine as a speciality
- Excellent career development & internal progression
- Join a highly reputable global team that will catapult your career