Permanent, full time
We have multiple opportunities for Solution Architects of various levels to join MPI's Architecture Practice
- Design and deliver a range of technology solutions across the organisation
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Career development opportunities
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the definition of the Solution Architecture(s) required for the delivery of a specified package of work. Collaborating and guiding with business stakeholder representatives and other architectural and technical SME's.
You will act as technical lead as required and working with both internal and external delivery partners, who may be engaged upon various aspects of delivery. You will be responsible for reviewing the detail design specifications of deliverables to ensure alignment with both the Vision, High-level solution architecture and wider Architecture & Assurance Architecture standards.
Mōu - About You
- Significant experience in IT or relevant Solution Architecture experience
- Experience across the IT Solution Development Lifecycle
- Experience of defining and leading IT initiatives through to delivery
- Strong communication
- Experience in delivering with projects, achieving effective outcomes in situations where there are diverse interests
- Understanding of TOGAF and ArchiMate
- COTS platform-based delivery and integration
- Software/Platform as a Service
- Cloud based architecture adoption & integration
- Security controls and patterns
- DevOps/ Automation
- ITIL Foundation and Practitioner
- Prince2 / Agile or SAFe delivery experience
- Knowledge of MPI business environment, its strategic priorities, strengths and weaknesses.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a critically important organisation to New Zealand filled with a diverse range of people from all different cultures and backgrounds. MPI is responsible for a large scale of work including helping to seize export opportunities for the primary industries, improving sector productivity, ensuring the food produced is safe, increasing sustainable resource use, and protecting New Zealand from biological risk.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
As part of MPI's Architecture & Assurance team that sits within Business Technology and Information Services (BTIS), you will join a constantly evolving team that exists to enable MPI's digital future through technology solutions.
MPI has recently reorganised the way BTIS is structured and operates, with an aim of lifting the value they provide across the organisation. With the addition of a number of new Architect positions to the Architecture and Assurance team, this is your opportunity to have a genuine contribution to the architecture strategy and evolving team culture.
Benefits of working at MPI
- Flexible working options
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Wellness benefit for employees
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
As we are working with MPI to build a team, we are open to hearing from candidates at all levels in their Architecture career. Even if you don't meet all requirements, still reach out to have a chat with us if you are interested in joining MPI's Architecture Practice.
Please "Apply Now" if you would like to be considered for this position or call Amy Langhauser on 04 978 8008 for more information.
- Solution Architect
- Brisbane N/A
- Solution Designer / Architect
- Australia N/A
- Multiple Solution Architect Opportunities!!
- Adelaide N/A
- Portfolio Architects - Ministry for Primary Industries
- Wellington N/A
- Data Architect - Ministry for Primary Industries
- Wellington N/A
- Solution Designer / Tech BA - M19
- Melbourne N/A
- Senior Dynamics Architect
- Canberra N/A
- Data Architect
- Perth CBD N/A
- Azure Architect
- Melbourne N/A