Our Client, one of the world's leading producers of iron ore is looking for a Solutions Architect to be based in Perth offices.
Start date: ASAP
The successful candidate will play a key role in designing technical solutions for our client's initial quick wins for immediate productivity improvement within the iron ore value chain operations areas. The Solution Architect will work closely with a combination of business analysts, enterprise architects, and third-party vendors to ensure that solutions are aligned with the company's overall technology strategy and meet the business needs.
- Collaborate with business analysts and stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Work closely with enterprise architects to ensure that solutions are aligned with the company's overall technology strategy and architecture.
- Design and develop technical solutions for client's initial quick wins for immediate productivity improvement to the business.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure that solutions are integrated and meet the business needs.
- Conduct gap analyses to identify areas where technical solutions can address business needs and improve productivity.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of solutions, including architecture diagrams, design documents, and testing plans.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure that solutions are delivered on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with security architects to ensure that solutions are secure and meet the company's security standards.
- Continuously monitor and assess the effectiveness of technical solutions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Solution Architect, preferably in the mining or resources industry.
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in designing and implementing technical solutions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of business processes and ability to translate them into technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills, with experience in leading workshops and meetings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with industry-standard tools and techniques for solution architecture, such as TOGAF, Zachman, or SABSA.
- Strong commitment to safety, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks.
If this role interests you please contact Riya at for a confidential discussion or apply below.