Our Federal Government client requires a Site Reliability Engineer, under broad direction to undertake very complex work that delivers quality outcomes across the functions of the Agency. It is a team membership position within the Agency and has a concurrent requirement to resolve issues and risks across a broad range of activities of substantial depth involving significant detail and to provide support to the team leadership of their work area in the planning and coordination of the team. The Site Reliability Engineer will exercise a considerable degree of independence to engage in very complex problem solving and issues management within the functions.
The position will exercise sound decision-making and judgement to produce high level policy advice and operational support. The position will coordinate and assume responsibility to undertake detailed or sensitive projects that may include performing varied activities involving many different and unrelated processes or methods that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes that support the Agency's objectives
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing SRE strategies.
- Leading complex technical activities and assist other SRE's and technical support areas in the resolution of incidents and problems affecting service reliability.
- Assisting the reporting engineer and SRE's to develop standards towards extraction of data sources.
- Leading technical discussions for monitoring during discovery stages of a project's lifecycle. * Identifying training needs to enhance the SREs' skill base. (NOTE: the key responsibilities of the role are based on current priorities and may change over time)
Location of work:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Security Clearance and Citizenship
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by the Department and commencement is subject to the Successful candidate meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. Candidates must mu Australian Citizens and have a minimum Baseline Clearance, or the ability to obtain.
Roll your mouse over to that Apply Now button if you think your skills and experience fit the bill for this role. Submitted CVs must be in Word. Call Alister on 02 6243 6400 if you wish to discuss the role.