Our client is one of New Zealand's largest companies on the NZX. They build, monitor and maintain their fibre network connecting people all over the country. They are a company ahead of the game driving technology initiatives to provide a better faster NZ. Our client offers career diversity opportunities are endless.
As the company continuously evolves in this space our client requires an experienced analyst to come on board. You will assist the Security Engineers and the security operations manager to path the way. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a SOC environment, understand processes but can also think outside the box to improve what's already in place.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Incident response & remediation
- investigate potential security breaches and assess the impact
- research security enhancements and make recommendations
- monitor alerts and logs for security issues
- Assist with the creation and documentation of standard operating procedures and protocols
- Support the Security Engineers to configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices and solutions - firewall, cloud platform security appliances, and web security platforms
- A minimum of 3- 5 year's as a Cyber security analyst.
- Experience dealing with incident response, Cyber Kill Chain, ATT&CK, and Attack Vectors
- Experience analysing network traffic and usage of Deep Packet Inspection tools
- Experience with Firewalls, Web and Email Security, Endpoint Security, and SIEM
- Experience using Python, Bash, and/or Power Shell
- Excellent documentation and stakeholder management.
- Full Covid Vaccination confirmation required
Security certifications: Any SANS or CREST Certification, GCIH (preferred), OSCP, Security+, CISSP
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Aata Wairepo in our Auckland office on 021 185 3359 or
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
***Please note, due to the border restrictions in NZ we are not accepting offshore applications***