- 3 month contract (will be permanent after).
- Sydney based.
- Immediate start.
About the role
This position reports to CISO and provides technical expertise across all internal firewalls and new business developed in the main areas of firewalls, network security and any other area nominated by your Manager.
This position also manages and implements projects as per project plans for clients and is involved in training less experienced personnel and may be involved in quoting, budgeting internal projects, and promoting CustomTec' products and services.
- Planning, implementation and coordination of projects and upgrades. Identify requirements, produce estimates, and schedule projects.
- Support and troubleshooting with internal firewall and assist the team in the maintenance of such systems. Mentor other team members as necessary.
- Performing varied engineering assignments, requiring general familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields.
- Coordinate carrier services for provisioning and delivery of network security services e.g. firewalls and VPN.
- Perform remote and onsite support at customer locations.
- Work with technology vendors to resolve complex technical issues or customer faults and outages.
- Be part of the design, development, improvement, implementation, testing and maintenance of networked systems in accordance with management policy.
Experience and Knowledge required
- Extensive experience with Cisco ASA, FTD and Meraki firewalls.
- Extensive experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of CheckPoint firewalls.
- Extensive experience of network security.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Routing & Switching, Network Security and their implementation for small business and enterprise networks.
- Expert knowledge of network protocols and standards.
- Deep knowledge of switching and routing technologies and their application to small business and enterprise networks.