The ICT team ensures that critical Government Services are secure, robust and available Information Technology (IT) and Information Management Infrastructure, Systems and Services. The Network Engineer is responsible for improving the quality of the production facilities and operational services by providing high quality system management and technical expertise and advice. The Network Engineer provides design, configuration and problem management in client environments of high complexity, managing resolution of incidents, problems and customer change requests ensuring SLAs are met. Additionally this role designs and creates technical solutions and manages project delivery, BAU and maintenance and support, technical solutions, training, design provisioning and documentation
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills/attributes:
* A relevant tertiary-level qualification or equivalent work experience in Infrastructure support.
* 2-3 years experience in a networking/infrastructure position with experience supporting enterprise networks
* Knowledge and experience in IT Infrastructure
* Knowledge and experience in Wifi management and support, including but not limited to Cisco Networks, Pablo Alto
* Experience in management of switches, including but not limited to Cisco Networks, Juniper, Unified and Meraki
* Technical experience in managing and supporting relevant systems
* An understanding of the operational requirements of a complex, multivendor, multi- faceted production environment
* Knowledge of the relevant key technologies installed at this governement organisation including but not limited to Cisco Networks and Juniper and Palo Alto Firewall
* Solid appreciation of formal IT disciplines, methodologies and techniques including change management and service level management.
* Demonstrated experience operating within formal IT disciplines and methodologies and techniques such as change management and service level management
* Proven experience in presenting solutions to customers, writing reports and documenting technical proposals
* Analytical skills including critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, reading & interpreting technical information
* Demonstrate good judgment identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions * Experience in configuring and upgrading Cisco routers, switches, VPN gateways.
* A willingness to develop new skills and technical expertise
We have a current opportunity for a SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER on a contract basis, with the possiblity of leading to a permanent role (if desired). The position will be based in Wellington. For further information about this position please apply.