We are currently working with a leading government organisation who provide their services and facilities to over a million kiwis in New Zealand for the past 10 + years. They have had steady and consistent growth since first being founded and are in need of an experienced Scrum Master to join the IT team.
As a Scrum Master, you will be required to assist teams, identify and remove their impediments, to collaborate across silos, and to find better ways to visualise, communicate and deliver their work. Our client and this role will be in a sizeable team in a large organization Given the size and type of the organisation; it will also be vital that this role helps support and grow the agile & scrum practice, teach new techniques and offer insights to challenge existing practices. You will be required to:
- Works closely with Product Owners/Managers to ensure the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog
- Facilitate Scrum events, monitor progress, manage risks, and drive continuous improvement.
- Leadership opportunities: Support the team, remove impediments.
- Maximise value and assist with prioritisation of value delivery.
- Ability to adapt to changing and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in SAFe/Scrum framework, principles, and practices.
- 5 + years' experience as SCRUM Master working with Product Owners and Managers closely
- A qualification in Agile, Scrum-based delivery (SAFe)
- Experience creating strong partnerships with Product Owners/ Managers by having great managing skills
- Proficiency in Agile practices
- Experience coaching individuals and navigating processes and tools
- Experience optimizing the Product Backlog for maximum value and aiding in the strategic prioritization of value delivery
- Experience adapting and evolving change solutions and ensuring the delivery of flexibility and agility.
- Experience excelling in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
In return, you will receive a competitive package along with flexible work environment and an excellent company culture. This includes career development & growth opportunities, recognition and rewards for top performers, and other benefits.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Joanne Castelino in our Auckland office on
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.