We are currently working with a leading government organisation who provide their services and facilities to over a million kiwis in New Zealand for the past 10 + years. They have had steady and consistent growth since first being founded and are in need of an experienced Release Train Engineer to join the IT team.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) serves as both a leader and coach for an Agile Release Train (ART). In this capacity, the primary responsibilities entail facilitating ART events and processes, offering support to teams to ensure a continuous delivery of value.
The RTE will engage with the business and stakeholders, addressing impediments, escalating issues as needed, and actively participating in risk mitigation and management efforts. Additionally, the RTE will play a crucial role in advancing the Lean-Agile transformation by coaching leaders, teams, and scrum masters in adopting new processes and mindsets:
- Contributing to Financial Management activities, including assistance with resourcing, purchasing, and reporting.
- Represent the development teams in front of stakeholders to provide status update, acquire feedback or approval.
- Compile/populate Agile team objectives and progress in a program Roadmap to ensure simplicity and transparency.
- Leading and improving the flow of value through the ART.
- Plan, Coordinate and Facilitate ART events and ceremonies (i.e Planning, innovation and system demos) and encourage continuous exploration that drives direction for a Vision, a Roadmap, Backlogs.
- Drive improvement through Inspect and Adapt workshops, assessing ART agility level and driving improvement.
- Mentor (where necessary) leaders, teams, Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets.
- Provide input and support on resourcing to mitigate critical bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with wider Delivery groups including the EPMO to maintain positive program execution.
- Manage Program KPI's and support in measuring program success in collaboration with the product teams.
- Indirect management of delivery resources.
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise-level technology organizations in roles i.e. Project Management, Product Management, or Scrum Master at the program level.
- Mastery of Agile tools, especially Azure DevOps, and a comprehensive grasp of various technology and architectural patterns are imperative.
- Qualified/Certified in Agile, Scrum-based delivery (preferably SAFe).
- Proficient in Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, and organizational change management.
- Experienced as a Release Train Engineer or in facilitating large-scale AGILE initiatives.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, encompassing relationship building, understanding, communication, facilitation, and presentation.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, showcasing flexibility during periods of change.
- Familiarity with, and preferably experienced in, various operating models.
- Holds a high-level understanding of a broad spectrum of technology and architectural patterns.
- Outstanding collaboration, attentive listening, as well as strong written and verbal communication abilities, including articulate communication with business, management, and ICT teams.Top of Form
In return, you will receive a competitive package along with flexible work environment and an excellent company culture. This includes career development & growth opportunities, recognition and rewards for top performers, and other benefits.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Joanne Castelino in our Auckland office on
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.