Role Statement: This role is responsible for project managing the scoping, design, implementation, testing and acceptance of the wired and wireless Network for new build along with any network or smart related software, hardware and services required for the new build.
- As a recognised leader in project management, be accountable for the successful end to end delivery of all aspects of a range of projects including complex and major projects with an ICT focus, in line with organisational methodologies, controls and requirements. Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Manage the full project management life-cycle including business change through to benefits realisation.
- Lead the establishment and ongoing fostering of exceptional working relationships with all key stakeholders across multiple organisations and disciplines. Develop resource plans in conjunction with both the Program Manager.
- Manage both internal and external project resources, as well as external service providers in the successful delivery of projects that are on time, on scope and on budget. Provide leadership and mentor-ship to project managers and act as an escalation point for project management related issues and advice
- Deliver projects in accordance with approved baselines (scope, time, cost, quality & benefits) and in line with University procurement, risk and finance guidelines, policies and processes.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining high quality project documentation to a range of key stakeholders through to the executive level.
- Accountable for the management of project budgets and project schedules including preparation of financial status reports for management, committees and organisation executive. Provide effective and regular reporting including variances to scope, budget, time-line and business case.
- Responsible for the protection of data and systems through adherence to published policy, standard and process documents and immediately reporting any suspected breaches, vulnerabilities or other security issues to the information security team.
- Participate in all team, and individual planning activities; comply with policies and practices in all aspects of their work and conduct; and ensure the safety and well being of themselves and others by complying with OSH and EO requirements.
Qualifications: Relevant undergraduate qualifications with extensive experience or progress
towards postgraduate qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or
- At least 7 years of increasing responsibility in the information technology sector, including significant experience managing and leading a team.
- Demonstrated extensive experience delivering enterprise scaled wired and wireless networks.
- Demonstrated ability deploying and implementing physical networks within a new building construction environment.
- Proven ability in interpreting electrical and communication shop drawings, understanding of data and Audio Visual infrastructure along with a general knowledge of construction sites and access requirements.
- Demonstrated experience implementing process change and IT systems across multiple business units.
- Demonstrated experience in change management related to the implementation of technology solutions within large-scale programs and projects.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management life-cycle and documentation skills using organisational methodologies and procedures.
- must have Network design and deployment at a new construction level experience.
Leading Strategic Change Across the Organisation: Taking a lead role in driving and
managing major change processes across the university by creating an environment that is
open to and prepared for change. This is the key to translating planning and strategy into
action and implementation.
Customer Focus: Focusing on all aspects of customer service to achieve quality outcomes
for all parties including internal and external customers at all levels. Involves identifying
customer's needs and value, managing customer relationships, marketing services to
customers, continually evaluating, and improving customer service.
Planning and Organising: Comprises setting objectives, planning, managing time,
managing resources, monitoring progress, evaluating results and taking corrective action
utilising the organisations Excellence Framework.
Presenting and Communicating Information: Ability to organise and present information,
views and concepts in a concise, understandable and interesting format for a variety of
audiences, from the organisations internal and external communities. Involves determining the most
appropriate format and vehicle for delivering information to ensure the audiences
understanding of the message and its intent.
Managing and Developing Teams: Develops and fosters a highly productive team
environment in which people are working together to achieve a common goal that capitalises
on diverse working styles, skills and knowledge for the benefit of the team and organisation.
If this sounds like your next challenge please don't hesitate to apply with your most up to date CV. For further information please call Katie Griffin on 0423 919 610
- IT Project Manager
- West Perth N/A
- Senior Project Manager
- Melbourne CBD N/A
- Senior Project Manager - Data
- Auckland N/A
- Project Support Officer
- Canberra N/A
- Project Scheduler - WA
- Western Australia N/A
- Level 6 Senior Project Officer
- Western Australia N/A
- Senior Change Manager
- Perth CBD N/A
- Senior PMO Analyst
- Melbourne N/A
- Senior ICT Resource Advisor
- Auckland N/A