ASAP Start | Melbourne Location
Flexible Engagement - Permanent or Contract
AGSVA Baseline clearance required
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking for a Performance Analyst who works under direction, developing, applying, and assessing tests to analyse new and existing applications and systems.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform script analysis, test estimation, track work against estimates, report variances to team management, and manage resources to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Extensive Analytical skills - Review project documents - with the ability to analyse highly complex systems and inter-dependencies, identifying project changes and undertake risk assessments and outline relevant mitigations.
- Assist with the discovery phase, e.g. technical analysis of the required scripting protocols and monitoring requirements. Provide any salient information to the Performance Technical Lead for any specialised technical assistance.
- Continuously monitor, analyse and provide recommendations to improve effectiveness, as well as optimise and streamline existing scripts and processes.
- Create, execute, and report high-quality test artefacts such as application simulation models, cases, defects, complex test data, ensuring adherence to section standards and guidelines.
- Set up execution schedules and maintain load generators.
- Responsible for identifying, designing, building, and maintaining test performance suites using appropriate tools.
- Provides recommendations towards financial planning and budgeting within the project, and using sound judgement collates and provides an analysis of financial data and reports to facilitate decision making.
- Assist in identifying and implement individual and team training and development plans, and monitor progress to remedy knowledge and skill gaps.
- Assist and maintain Test Performance Framework.
- Working with manual testers, developers, architects and BAs to ensure upstream test planning is optimised for the efficient delivery of performance testing.
- Provide clear and concise comments, which needs to be accurate and representative to the test artefacts (STLC), ensuring they meet the standards of the section.
- Raise defects and monitor defect queues for yourself and peers, advising when queues are not actioned promptly as per section guidelines.
- Undertaking detailed performance analysis in a multi-technology, multi-platform environment.
- Coach, mentor, and provide on-the-job training to junior performance resources.
- Assist in improving performance testing capabilities to increase efficiencies in delivery and support.
- Tailor your communication (written and verbal) to the respective audience.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour and integrity to enhance team culture and contribute to a positive workplace.
- Participate or facilitate meetings for internal testing operations and external workshops.
- Adapts easily to changes applying sound judgement.
- Initiate, build, and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across the ICT Division, business, and operational areas, internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain professional networks to support portfolio and project outcomes
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Six (6) years or more experience in performance testing or quality assurance roles.
- High level of capability with a range of performance testing tools and languages, such as NeoLoad and Performance Center.
- Advanced skills with infrastructure monitoring.
- Advanced skills with application monitoring.
- Medium skills with COTS product monitoring.
- Certification in performance tools.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate or equivalent certificate or equivalent, or relevant practical experience.
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst or equivalent.
- ISTQB Foundation Agile Extension Certificate or equivalent.
- Experience or knowledge of a wide variety of testing tools, testing techniques/methodologies, and effort required to undertake specific testing activities.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies.
- ISTQB Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester or equivalent (desirable).
- ISTQB Foundation Level Mobile Application Testing or equivalent (desirable).
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD practices.
- Certification in performance tools.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.