Exiting opportunity for a Incident Manager who has the responsibility and authority to ensure adherence to the Major Incident Management Process.
Duties include coordinating all activities necessary to respond to, record, and resolve major incidents. The Major Incident Manager is also responsible for maintaining administrative ownership of major incident actions throughout the life cycle.
* Delivery and management of Major Incident Communications.
* Primary liaison between Service Delivery Managers and Technical Incident Teams.
* Engage Change & Problem Management where necessary to review all recent changes, and workarounds which may relate to the major incidents.
* Own the management review process for major incidents
* Ensuring major incidents are raised in Problem Management, where root cause is unknown at the time of service restoration.
* Monitor service quality delivered by each Tribe, Squad, Platform. Chapter and teams.
* Identifying process improvements and own them.
A calm demeanor under pressure is an essential skill for this role. In times of high pressure, colleagues look to the MIM to identify their role in service restoration activities.
You will respond rapidly to the uplift of an incident when it moves to major status. This will result in you engaging the correct colleagues, execution of a technical incident room, timely and informative communications being distributed and escalating concerns regarding colleague availability.
Alongside the Technical Leader in the incident room, you will ensure that the decisions that are being made align well against our risk appetite and are accessed appropriately.
ITIL or similar certification is advantageous.