Our Federal Government client requires Senior Linux Engineer, to join the Technology and Platform Solutions Team within the Innovation and Technology Solutions branch.
The Senior Linux Engineer, is responsible for ensuring that the Linux server environment is secure, stable and effectively maintained. The Senior Engineer's role is to establish and continually improve the services offered to the agency by ensuring that the team performs to the highest possible standard.
The Senior Engineer will work with a team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and security of:
- All Linux instances (~600) spread mostly across RHEL/CentOS but with a growing number-of and trend-toward Ubuntu.
- Base services consumed by other technology teams such as: virtualisation (VMware), block and file storage (Pure Storage), backup (Cohesity) and index/search (Splunk).
- Core services relied on by the entire agency such as: DNS (BIND), NTP, SMTP (Postfix), web proxying (Squid and Forcepoint/Websense), RSA SecurID.
You will be expected to:
- Work with project teams developing business solutions. In this regard you will be responsible for low level design and implementation relating to the above-mentioned technologies up to the platform layer.
- Work on intra-departmental and intra-team projects aimed at the uplift or maintenance of existing technology solutions. You will likely work on deploying these solutions completely up to the service layer.
- Work closely with other technical teams (Development, Platforms, Networks, Windows, Service Desk) to identify and resolve issues and escalations.
- Occasionally get your hands dirty unboxing and racking equipment; it is not unusual that you will own a deployment from such a low level all the way through to service delivery.
- A solid understanding of Linux including networking, package management, auditd, SElinux/AppArmor, IPTABLES/NFTABLES, TLS, PKI.
- Experience in the strategies and techniques required to implement the ACSC's Essential Eight in a Linux environment.
Security Clearance and Citizenship
Candidates must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) level.
Roll your mouse over to that Apply Now button if you think your skills and experience fit the bill for this role. Submitted CVs must be in Word. Call Alister on 02 6243 6400 if you wish to discuss the role.