Represent roadmaps, patterns, and practices at an Enterprise level across the Security domain
- Newly formed position
- Interesting and meaningful work
- Flexible working options
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The Domain Architect is responsible for providing and owning the domain knowledge expertise and guidance to MPI, definition of a domain strategy vision, roadmaps, reference models and architecture consumption patterns for domain services to assist in the delivery of MPI initiatives.
Through effective and collaborative engagement with other Architects, developers and technology partners, you will own the definition, development, maintenance and communication of the Domain's technology vision, the technology services being provided, and, architecture roadmaps and patterns on how to utilise the services provided within their domain. You will maintain all domain models to provide an enterprise viewpoint of domain services, applications and technologies utilised within the domain.
Mōu - About You
- Significant experience designing Security solutions, ideally as a Senior Solution Architect or Senior Security Consultant
- Knowledge and experience with TOGAF or similar architecture framework
- Experience across the IT Solution Development Lifecycle
- Ability to engage in all levels of business and technical conversations at an appropriate level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, driven and outcome focused
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels throughout an organisation.
- Able to offer effective solutions to problems and approaches work with energy and motivation
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a critically important organisation to New Zealand filled with a diverse range of people from all different cultures and backgrounds. MPI is responsible for a large scale of work including helping to seize export opportunities for the primary industries, improving sector productivity, ensuring the food produced is safe, increasing sustainable resource use, and protecting New Zealand from biological risk.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
As part of MPI's Architecture & Assurance team that sits within Business Technology and Information Services (BTIS), you will join a constantly evolving team that exists to enable MPI's digital future through technology solutions.
MPI has recently reorganised the way BTIS is structured and operates, with an aim of lifting the value they provide across the organisation. With the addition of a number of new Architect positions to the Architecture and Assurance team, this is your opportunity to have a genuine contribution to the architecture strategy and evolving team culture.
Benefits of working at MPI
- Flexible working options
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Wellness benefit for employees
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
As we are working with MPI to build a team, we are open to hearing from candidates at all levels in their Architecture career. Even if you don't meet all requirements, still reach out to have a chat with us if you are interested in joining MPI's Architecture Practice.
Please "Apply Now" if you would like to be considered for this position or contact Amy Langhauser on 04 978 8008 for more information.