Cyber Security Assessors
(SFIA SCTY Level 4 and SFIA METL Level 3)
Finite is an Australian owned award-winning independent ICT recruitment company that currently supplies to many of the country's largest banks, telecommunications, commercial and State and Federal Government organisations. Finite has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland and Wellington.
Finite is looking to engage multiple skilled and experienced Cyber Security Assessors to join our Federal Government client and conduct independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and enhancements to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
These positions will contribute to support a Government boost to Australia's cyber defences to ensure essential networks are even more secure and reliable. This ensures Australia can identify cyber threats, disrupts more cybercriminals offshore, build more partnerships with Industry and Government and protect more Australians.
To stand out from the rest, you will possess broad knowledge in:
- Current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating information technology (IT) security assessment, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilising standards-based concepts and capabilities.
- Cyber security and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data.
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Critical Information systems with information communication technology that were designed without security considerations for various IT development projects here in Canberra.
- Australian Citizen
- An active Negative Vetting 1 clearance.
- Response to the essential selection criteria (below)
- Demonstrated understanding in current industry methods for evaluating, implementing and disseminating information technology (IT) security assessment, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilising standards-based concepts and capabilities.
- Experienced in the development of security compliance processes/ and or audits of external services.
- Experienced in performing security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the risk management strategy.
- Experienced in assessing the effectiveness of security controls.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experienced in technical writing, including developing and editing of assessment products.
- Experienced in interpreting vulnerability scanner results to identify vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of Critical Information Systems with information communication technology that were designed without security considerations.
- High attention to detail with solid documentation skills and good communication skills with various stakeholders.
- Experience in interfacing with customers.
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks with competing priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to and accommodate changes, at both the project level and solution level.
How to apply
To secure your chance at being represented for this excellent opportunity press apply now or email your resume and response to the selection criteria
For a confidential discussion, please feel free to reach out to Shannon at the Finite Group on 0402 201 306.
Finite actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.