We are currently working with a leading government organisation who provide their services and facilities to over a million kiwis in New Zealand for the past 10 + years. They have had steady and consistent growth since first being founded and are in need of an experienced Automation Specialist to join the IT team.
As a Automation Specialist, you will play a crucial role in advocating, supporting, and progressing automation initiatives within the ICT department. Your active involvement is essential for the smooth integration of automation into both existing and new IT services, resulting in heightened operational efficiency, cost savings, enhanced accuracy, and more intelligent outcomes for our client. Key responsibilities include:
- Playing a vital role in the evolution, enhancement, and management of automation delivery mechanisms.
- Ensuring that current automation significantly reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) across a range of ICT services.
- Offering consultation on automation capabilities and providing valuable insights to improve solutions.
- Contributing to the establishment and adherence of best practice standards for the entire team.
- Maintaining and updating automation systems to ensure their security and compliance.
- Staying informed about emerging technologies in the automation field and consistently engaging in learning and development to broaden your expertise.
- Proficient in consuming and integrating with RESTful APIs.
- 10 + years' experience as a Senior Automation Specialist
- Experience working with API documentation, understanding endpoints, authentication methods, and data formats (e.g., JSON, XML).
- Familiarity with API testing tools, such as Postman or Swagger, for testing and validating API functionality.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting and a strong understanding of .NET framework
- Knowledge of database systems, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle.
- Ability to design and implement API integrations to connect systems and enable data exchange.
- Understanding of API security best practices, including authentication, authorization, and handling sensitive data.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and practices, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Understanding cybersecurity principles and best practices.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Agile Certified and ITIL certified.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Operations Orchestration
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of network protocols and concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VLANs.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like Prometheus, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), or Splunk.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn new tools quickly.
- Must have a "can do" and positive attitude.
- Strategic agility - ability to rapidly adapt to change.
- Excellent understanding of customer service and strong customer focus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly organized - plans and prioritizes well and manages time to focus self and others on the most important activities.
In return, you will receive a competitive package along with flexible work environment and an excellent company culture. This includes career development & growth opportunities, recognition and rewards for top performers, and other benefits.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Joanne Castelino in our Auckland office on
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.